RWTH Aachen University, Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg, Technische Universität Clausthal and Montanuniversität Leoben have signed a Memorandum of Understanding during the autumn meeting of the Austrian Miners Association “Bergmännischer Verband Österreichs (BVÖ) in 2016.
Cooperation in the field of mining and tunnelling
The four universities will form the „European Rock Extraction Group (EUREG)” in the field of extracting material in mining and tunnelling.
The objectives for collaboration include:
- joint, coordinated research activities and publications
- joint participation in national and European research projects
- joint applications for regional, national and European funding
- exchange of scientific data
- collaborative use of existing R&D infrastructure
- representation towards other research- and industrial partners as “European Rock Extraction Research Group”
- exchange programs for scientific staff and students
- joint organisation of conferences and relevant activities